- Work Location: Offshore Construction Vessel
- Position Schedule: ASAP, 1 year (renewable)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Education: Higher Education
- Work experience:Offshore construction experience (Pipeline, Diving, ROV operations and etc.) required
- Knowledge of Languages: English (fluent), Azerbaijani (fluent), Russian (is an asset)
Other Skills/Certificates Required:
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of deepwater subsea installation activities;
- Capability to plan the activities and develop efficient work sequences;
- Capability to understand Project Technical Documents;
- Knowledge of ROV activities;
- Knowledge of adequate Personal Protective Equipment – purpose, use and maintenance.
- Knowledge of welding & coating techniques and equipment;
- Knowledge of Permit To Work System;
- Capability to monitor the application of the Quality Control Plan.
- Coordinate specific activities with a group of construction crew in compliance with Project specification, in order to ensure efficient performance and respecting HSE and Quality procedures and practices;
- Where a 1st Assistant is not assigned, have overall responsibility during own shift for work and construction crew under the direction of the Offshore Construction Manager;
- Assist the 1st Assistant (or the Offshore Construction Manager where a 1st Assistant is not assigned to the vessel) with regard to interdisciplinary coordination of specific activities on board;
- Supervise a group of construction crew, directing foreman and / or supervisors, with regard to the various disciplines/categories of construction and assembly work, in order to comply with the quality and safety standard;
- Ensure that the 1st Assistant and the Offshore Construction Manager are kept fully informed of potential problems and construction status;
- Where required, liaise with Chief Mate, 2nd Engineer, Vessel Equipment Engineer and subcontractor’s supervisors to ensure adequate coordination for the activities under own remit;
- Ensure that the Permit-to-Work system for construction crew is adhered to and ensure that the daily Tool Box Talks and JSA, if required, are carried out according to the procedures;
- Motivate construction crew/subcontractors with regards to health, safety and environment awareness;
- Ensure the compliance with the standards dictated by the Company QHSE policies and safety procedures, in order to perform the activities in a safe manner;
- Report incidents and near-miss events;
- Provide a construction report at the end of each shift;
- Assist the Vessel Field Engineer in the follow up of project equipment and consumable, operation and monitoring of installation parameters;
- Ensure the rigging gear used is within date and properly marked;
- Report to the 1st Assistant or directly to the Offshore Construction Manager if the 1st Assistant Superintendent is not assigned to the vessel;
- Provide translation for Offshore Construction Manager, Vessel Management Team and crew, enacting as a communication bridge with the local staff and expats.
- Fully adhere, at all times and irrespective of the work place, to Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) policies, procedures and requirements;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the line manager.