Qualifications & Experience:
Education: Master’s Degree in Civil / Mechanical / Naval Engineering
Work Experience: Min 3 years of experience in a similar role within Oil and Gas Construction area
Knowledge of Languages: English (fluent), Azerbaijani (fluent)
Other Skills/Certificates Required:
- Knowledge of main international Discipline standards, codes and regulations. Capability to analyse dedicated project requirements in terms of local standards and codes and to identify proper implementation actions;
- Capability to handle subcontracted engineering work packages defining the scope of work, the milestones and documentation deliverables.
- Capability to control the quality, the costs and the timing of the subcontracted activities ensuring the compliance with project scheduling and goals and with contract requirements;
- Capability to lead and interpret the naval and structural analysis related to the installation of pipelines and offshore platforms.
- Be responsible for technical integrity and compliance with estimated costs and deadlines throughout the various engineering phases of the project.
- Perform directly engineering tasks to guarantee the quality of the product for methods requirements.
- The Engineer executes the activities within his area of responsibility, ensuring the compliance with the QA/QC and HSE requirements.
- Draw up a general engineering schedule as stipulated by the contract to be revised by the Project;
- Identify technical problems and make the necessary technical decisions within the limitations imposed by contractual requirements;
- Draw up definitions and detailed specifications of tasks and sub-tasks or supervise their drafting by other resources if requested;
- Define the materials or services to be purchased for engineering tasks within the allocated resource budget, in conjunction with his direct responsible;
- Approve all the technical design necessary for the purchase and/or construction of products to be supplied to the Client;
- Participate to meetings to examine and, if necessary, audit the technical design, and take part in technical examinations with the Client. Cost and scheduling decisions which influence contractual obligations or other functions must be approved by the Project Engineer (if any) and communicated to the Engineering Manager and Project Manager;
- Notify direct responsible and the Project Manager of any problems occurring with any other engineering areas;
- Perform all the engineering verifications and calculations necessary for the methodology to be implemented;
- Supervise and verify the drafting describing the methodology to be implemented;
- Summarise and clarify in a manual all methodology activities, clearly identifying the showstoppers (if any). Transfer inside the manual all useful data derived by analyses performed by others;
- Ensure that the operation people on board of the vessel receive all useful data in form of reports, manuals, drawings;
- Follow up activities offshore or in any construction place deemed necessary by the project;
- All the above activities could be performed with different level of deepness for Project or Bid assistance performance;
- Participation to the offshore activities with the role of field engineer, when requested both in the yards and offshore during the vessel operation campaign;
- Be responsible to verify equipment and materials;
- Fully adhere, at all times and irrespective of the work place, to Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) policies, procedures and requirements;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Superior within his/her technical capabilities.