- The Project Engineer Pipelines is a key member of the Pipelines PMT which is responsible for delivering the offshore pipeline systems in accordance with BP’s Q&HSE expectations.
POSITION REPORTS TO
- Line Manager: Project Engineer Pipelines Team Lead – SD2 M&SS
- Functional Lead: Project Engineer Pipelines Team Lead – SD2 M&SS
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the SD2 M&SS Pipelines Project Management Team (PMT) the Project Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Implementing safe and efficient execution of project scopes
- Awareness and promotion of project goals in respect of HSE, cost, schedule & technical integrity
- Direction, motivation, support and leadership to project team members and contractors.
- Awareness and promotion of BP GPO expectations of Safe Design and Quality Build and conformance to the GPO Operating Management System (OMS) requirements including risk management, continuous improvement and management of change.
- Promoting an effective and collaborative working environment with a ‘One Team’ approach.
- Ensuring lessons learned are captured and shared with the onshore management team
- Providing exemplary leadership to contractors and vendors to facilitate successful scope delivery,
- Will be delegation of authority for Project Engineer Team Lead as and when required.
- Managing the installation engineering and procedure development to assure timely delivery of approved procedures for mobilisation and execution of the works
- Manage in the delivery and optimization of the installation analysis for deepwater flowline construction including pipelay static/dynamic analysis and ECA
- Support in the HIRA/HAZID process and delivery of appropriate risk mitigations through the development of appropriate installation methods
- Support in the reactivation of the pipelay barge including testing of Field Joint Coating, DEH spread, tensioners, A&R winch and other key barge operational equipment
- Readiness planning & co-ordination of Pre Startup Assurance prior to campaign execution
- Managing key interfaces with the Engineering Team
- Managing key interfaces with Contractor, Vendors and Suppliers
- Maintaining close contact with the Engineering Team to ensure timely approval of engineering queries, deviations and approval of contractor documents,
- Supporting the offshore installation and testing of the offshore pipeline installation
- Supporting the pre-commissioning and survey scopes for the offshore pipelines
- Managing the integrity of the offshore pipeline during construction activities
- Supporting the management and tracking of the execution costs including the assessment of contractor variations, invoices and deliverables
- As a member of the Pipelines PMT the project engineer will be required to support general areas of delivery including:
- Building a competent Pipelines PMT to deliver the complete scope
- Supporting other team members to deliver their areas of responsibility
- Support to general management of the installation contractor, sub-contractors and vendors
ACADEMIC / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Engineering degree and professional status accreditation with a recognised institution
- A minimum of 10years offshore pipeline engineering and construction experience
- Direct offshore experience of managing anchored pipe-lay barge operations
- Proven capability of contractor management
- Preferably experience with direct electrical heating cable (DEH) installation from an anchored pipelay barge
SKILL REQUIREMENTS & KEY BEHAVIOURS
- Exhibits understanding of BP’s MPcp engineering and construction practices and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality,
- Proactively demonstrates sophisticated decision-making and leadership skills needed to address complex stakeholder groups and issues associated with Major Projects,
- Ability to intervene in critical situations in order to redirect focus and achieve the required result,
- A high level of proven communication, interpersonal and people management skills,
- Financial and commercial awareness,
- Computer literate,
- Demonstrates personal commitment to achieving the highest standards of HSE and responsibility for the safety and well-being of everyone around them,
- Play a leading role in the promotion of an excellent HSE culture, and demonstrate BP’s commitment to achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards of HSE,
- Proven capability to develop team safety and risk management skills,
- Follows the requirements specified in OMS, and contribute to the delivery of safe, compliant and reliable operations.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct and to local laws and regulations,
- Pursues systematic management through standardisation, clarification and the elimination of defects,
- Follows and upholds the rules and standards of BP and holds others to account for doing the same thing,
- Plans carefully, makes well-informed decisions and does the right thing,
- Fosters learning, the sharing of knowledge and continuous improvement.
- Speaks out when seeing something is not right and is prepared to so “no” or “stop” when necessary.
- An outstanding team player,
- Recognizes and acknowledges the contribution of others,
- Develops trust from others by delivering on accountabilities