Position: Head of Geocycle
Department: General Management
Work time: Full Time
Lead and manage Geocycle waste management business maximizing value creation
and profitability, with ability to work in a diverse and multinational environment and to
engage with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
Scope of Authority:
● Propose local strategic plans and implementation road maps;
● Control strategy implementation in daily business at local level;
● Control OH&S / ACert implementation and compliance at local level;
● Lead and manage operations related to waste management service until stockpile in
Primary responsibilities include:
● Develop and propose the business strategy and business model; Facilitate the strategic
planning of waste management at country level and approve Implementation plans;
Establish clear business objectives and KPIs;
● Manage all aspects of waste services and pre-processing operations and supply chain
optimization (from collection of waste from the customer to the delivery to the cement
● Lead people development, capability building and the creation of an integrated talent
pool and pool of potential successors in AFR;
● Act with compliance, promote and control compliance with all external and corporate
governance principles in AFR business – OH&S / ACert, quality, environment, Fair
Competition and other rules and requirements;
● Engage stakeholders for the strategic value of AFR business; Lead the development of
the advocacy strategy and the execution of the advocacy activities in the region;
● Lead for innovations in AFR business, foster innovative thinking for new approaches and
● Active participation in Geocycle Lead Team Europe
● Lead commercial transformation in Geocycle, incl active promotion of geocycle brand
and positioning of co-processing in regional waste management plan and with local
Education / Qualifications:
Master’s university degree (Business acumen), Engineering Master.
● General management experience or marketing or sales in waste management or cement
sector or Central Customer Excellence Function – more than 5 years;
● AFR/Geocycle business experience – 1-3 years.
Knowledge & Skills:
● Good understanding of waste market and associated legal framework developments;
● Entrepreneurial mindset, agility and drive to exploit developments within innovative and
fast moving sector.
● Strong appreciation of commercial developments in waste collection & supply chain
● Strong appreciation of waste treatment, recovery and disposal technologies, cement
● Strong appreciation of co-processing in cement kiln;
● Strong leadership, relationship building and change management skills;
● Ability to challenge and teamwork;
● Strong communication & project management skills;
● Performance oriented and customer focused;
● Lead by example on values and culture.
English and Azerbaijani languages.
Procedure for applying:
Interested people can post CV’s at [email protected] , writing “Head of Geocycle”
in the subject line.
All applications will be considered and all will be provided with equal access.Only selected
candidates will be contacted.